the quality of being transparent, to be honest and open: not secretive: easy to notice or understand.
What makes for a transparent student government?
- Active effort to engage and interact with the student body.
- Open and easily accessible records, including meeting minutes, governing documents, and financial papers.
- Regular, posted office hours.
- Hold open meetings.
- Publish minutes and agendas.
- Publish meeting minutes and agendas.
- Hold public forums for debate on upcoming issues.
What has your student government done to embody transparency?
- ASGSCU: We’re starting a blog on our website to detail the projects and concerns of the executive branch, so our activities will be more accessible to the student body.