reacting or responding quickly and positively; responding readily with interest or enthusiasm;
What makes for a responsive student government?
- Accessibility to students, through office hours, online media presence, email communication, or other solicitation of feedback.
- Concerted marketing efforts to alert students to upcoming events, debates, or initiatives.
- Creation of flexible programming: forums, meetings, initiatives, or events that address current events or student needs as they arise.
- Quickly respond to the concerns and requests of students, faculty, and administrators.
- If a solution is not yet available, let invested parties know you are working toward one.
- Embody positivity, enthusiasm, and efficiency when addressing concerns.
- Solicit feedback and opinions from constituents on a regular basis, through a variety of communication channels.
- Present student feedback to the legislative body in a timely manner.
- Propose legislation, projects, or initiatives that address current student concerns.
What has your student government done to embody responsiveness?