the skill, good judgement, and polite behavior that is expected of a person who has been trained to do a job well; the confidence, skill, or efficiency expected of a professional.
What makes for a professional student government?
- Clearly stated performance expectations, tools for evaluation, and consequences for underperformance.
- Preparation for all meetings and events, including reading any materials beforehand and formulating questions or concerns.
- Address student concerns, email conversations, and requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain professionalism, even when it is not reciprocated.
- Address conflict quickly and by addressing the individual or individuals involved directly.
- Welcome guests at meetings and provide undivided attention to their presentations.
- Speak respectfully and responsibly, without profanity or sarcasm.