characterized by an ability to adapt to new, different, or changing environments; a willingness to change or compromise.
What makes for a flexible student government?
- Make an effort to reevaluate decisions in light of unforeseen circumstances or new information.
- Reconsideration of policies, procedures, and governing documents in order to uphold the fundamental mission, goals, and efficacy of student government.
- Solicit feedback and new ideas through performance reviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Remain open to recommendations for improvement from administrators, outside groups, and other members of student government.
- Explore the possibility of new initiatives and policies, despite difficulties they may pose.
- Willingness to utilize diverse methods to communicate with different student demographics.
- Openness to new discussion, debate, and amendments as new information arises.