marked by honesty and impartiality; free from self-interest, prejudice, and favoritism; conforming to established rules or regulations.
What makes for a fair student government?
- Wide consultation on initiatives and plans, and the solicitation of diverse perspectives.
- Respect for opposing viewpoints in debate, issue portrayal, and legislative creation.
- Diligently observe the established procedures of governing documents.
- Open, unbiased application processes for all appointed positions.
- Acknowledge and provide credit to those who assist in the implementation of platform and policy initiatives.
- Allow for free expression in senate or legislative body meetings.
- Actively solicit all sides of the issue to present their perspective in debates.
- Withhold judgement and decisions until all relevant information has been presented.