the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one’s actions.
What makes for an accountable student government?
- Accurate and consistent reporting of student government endeavors, issues, and outcomes.
- Regular performance review and evaluation of all members of the organization.
- Hold open meetings and publish minutes.
- Evaluate the implementation of policies and events. Report on the areas in which these excel or require improvement.
- Set expectations for performance and uniformly enforce them.
- Regularly communicate with student constituents on social media and through other mediums, particularly about the progress made on projects and initiatives.
- Provide explanation for any inability to address student needs and desires.
- Take responsibility for mistakes and work to correct them.
What has your student government done to embody accountability?